This summer has seen a change in our operations amongst the COVID-19 pandemic. With regular summer medical camps cancelled, our staff quickly came up with our successful daytime and overnight Family Retreats that have been running in July and August. This new cohort-based model has campers stay within their family ‘bubbles’ while still experiencing the joys of camp.
We are excited to share the extension of our Family Retreats into September! Pack your bags, grab the family, and spend a weekend at Zajac Ranch. Witness your children reach new heights on the Skynet, navigate Stave Lake in a canoe (season permitting), and make lifelong friends at our petting zoo. Retreats will run Friday evening to Sunday evening.
- Two nights and two full days at Zajac Ranch to enjoy with your family!
- 6 Meals plus snacks
- 4 Activity blocks per day. Activities options include: Horse Riding, Archery, Skynet, Field Games, Low Ropes, Talent Show, Arts and Crafts and Nature Walks
- Evening campfires hosted by camp staff
Located in Mission, BC, on 44 acres of pristine forested land on Stave Lake, Zajac Ranch for Children welcomes children and young adults with a variety of medical diagnoses from across BC and Canada. In a study from the University of Waterloo, researchers confirmed the benefits of participating in camp programs, identifying positive outcomes that showed improvements in five key areas of personal growth:
- Social integration and citizenship
- Attitudes towards physical activity
- Self-confidence and personal development
- Environmental awareness
- Emotional intelligence
All children deserve the opportunity to participate in a camp experience that is both supportive and accepting. For many children with special medical needs, the care they require is often too great to allow them to attend a traditional camp. Facilities at Zajac Ranch are fully accessible by children of all abilities. Full accessibility does not just mean a section for wheelchairs in the amphitheatre – it means the entire seating area is accessible so campers can sit among their friends anywhere in the audience. It means specially designed Action Track chairs give campers with mobility challenges the opportunity to go hiking through the woodland terrain with their peers. It means campers can receive the daily medical care they require – whether that means receiving medications or spending time in a special Snoezelen sensory room – at our on site medical centre, The OK Corral.
Zajac Ranch is fully accredited by the BC Camping Association
Click the Register button below to visit our registration and payment portal.
Zajac Ranch has 3 accessible lodges, each housing two dormitories and eight private rooms. We have divided up the lodges so each family will have their own separate area and washroom.
Of course! We love meeting new people and will be happy to have you. Recognizing that many people need a respite during the current pandemic, we have opened registration to individuals outside our regular camper families.
Adult: $329 ages 18 and up
Child: $289 ages 8-17
Child: $259 ages 5-8
Child: $99.00 ages 4 and under
Want more privacy? Consider upgrading to one of our deluxe suites that include a kitchen, fireplace and private washrooms for a $199 one time fee for the weekend.
*prices are per person
- Sleeping Bag- warm, preferably synthetic fill
- Pillow and pillow case
- Sheet for mattress
- Bedding is available for rent if desired. Email email@example.com.
- All medication must be packed in original pharmacy labeled bottles or blister packs. Campers cannot check in unless their medication is properly packaged.
Personal Care Items and Gear
- Shampoo and soap (in a plastic container)
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- 2 towels: 1 large, 1 small
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen: SPF 60
- Laundry bag (breathable, to keep dirty clothes separate)
- Water bottle
- Flashlight with fresh batteries
- Rubber boots
- 2 pairs of shoes: at least one pair should be sturdy running shoes with laces and rubber soles.
- 1 pair of flip flops or aqua socks (for kayaking, etc.)
- Supply of underwear for the session
- Socks: both thin and thick (1 pair per day of camp, plus 2 extra)
- Shorts (1 pair per day of camp)
- T-shirts (1 per day of camp)
- 2 long sleeve T-shirts
- Pants (2 pairs for a 3-5 day session)
- 2 warm sweaters or a warm sweater and a fleece jacket
- 2 sets Pajamas
- Swim suit
- Hat (for sun and rain)
Once a complete application is received, your Family is automatically put on a wait list. Our Nursing Director reviews all medical forms before finalizing registrations. Unfortunately we are unable to host anyone with medical conditions that put them at a higher risk for COVID-19.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-739-0444