COVID-19 Update - October 2021
Our thoughts are with our campers and families amid the devastating COVID-19 pandemic.
We know that it is a difficult time for everyone especially within our community and can’t imagine how hard it is for children with disabilities to understand why they cannot be spending time at camp with their friends and peers this year.
Despite the Pandemic and the cancellation of our Summer Camp, we have been able to engage with our community through Family Camps. With our COVID-19 protocol in place, the Family Camps have allowed us to safely invite family cohorts to the ranch to enjoy the activities that Zajac Ranch offers during Summer Camp.
We will continue to update important information as we follow the recommendations provided by the B.C. Government and Health Officers. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy and we look forward to welcome you back to Zajac Ranch in the future.
Summer Camp 2022 – Update Coming Soon
We look forward for the Children and Young adult Summer Camps to return for Summer 2022.
Rental Groups – Update
Overnight group rentals are back!
- Bookings are Exclusive (Only one group staying at the ranch at a time).
- Vaccine Passports are required for both staff and guests above the age of 12, providing proof of at least one vaccination. (School Cohorts are NOT required to provide proof of vaccination).
- Reduced Capacity indoors with max capacity now at 50 people at a time indoors in all our buildings.
- Masks are required in all indoor spaces and common areas with the exception of in the pool and hot tub or when doing activities that cannot be performed while wearing a mask, like playing a wind instrument or participating in high-intensity physical activity.
- Decreased Capacity in Overnight Shared accommodations. We have 3 dorms and we can have a maximum total of 69 people stay across 3 dorms at reduced capacity. 23 people sleeping per dorm. (15 people in shared accommodations and 8 in private rooms per dorm). Some exceptions are available for those who are considered a household bubble or cohort.
- Hand Sanitization Stations are available throughout the grounds.
- Staff will wear masks indoors at all times and outdoors when they are within 6 feet of guests.
The pandemic has been very difficult for many in our community, especially with the cancellation of our camps and programs. With your help, we will be able to give our campers the comeback year they deserve and support those most in need. If you or anyone that you know are able, please consider donating today. Every donation is tax-deductible and helps make a difference!