It’s March here on the Ranch, the snow is starting to melt and you can really feel that spring is just around the corner. As the weather gets warmer, Thoughts at the Ranch start to turn into dreams of summer.
The first camp begins in 106 days and we could not be more excited about it!
Our campers and staff come back year after year for the love of camp. Some of our campers have been coming for upwards of 13 years!
For our veteran camper families, it can sometimes be hard to imagine life before camp. However, we all have experienced the “first day at camp” adventure. As both a parent and a camper, this experience is so rewarding and challenging.
We can’t put ourselves in your shoes, this is an experience that is completely unique to each parent and child, but with past camper, parent and staff guidance, we can hopefully help to make those shoes as comfortable as possible!
Camp is such a wonderful experience for both campers and families but there may be some anxieties in taking the leap in to the unknown and sending your child to camp for the first time.
Some of the most common questions we get are:
- Where will they sleep?
- How will they get their medications?
- What will they get to do at camp?
- How will they be supported?
- Will they make friends?
We love questions from parents and campers! Zajac Ranch does our best to try and support parents and campers through the first time at camp jitters! One of the ways we are doing this is by hosting a Camp Open House on April 14th 2018 between 10:00am-2:00pm. This will be an open event for everyone and anyone interested in learning about camp.
Open House provides people a chance to see the magic of camp before the summer begins. During the Open House there will be an opportunity for you to:
- Tour the grounds and see the facilities we have on site
- See where you will sleep, eat and get your medications
- Meet our incredible team including our Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director and Nursing Director
- Hear from previous campers and their families about their Zajac Ranch experience
- Get questions answered regarding the registration process and Zajac Camper Allowance
- Enjoy some of our camping programs such as pool, petting zoo, arts & crafts, karaoke and outdoor games
So come on down to the Ranch on April 14th between 10:00am and 2:00pm!
We would love to know if you are coming! Please follow this link to get your free ticket! Please note, this is a volunteer run event and we ask that all who are under the age of 18 or who require 1:1 support to attend with a parent/guardian or support worker.
That’s all for now! Stay looped in to the Sheriff’s Report next month when we will have a special guest post from our new Nursing Director Chloe!