Here are the basic instructions on how to make a Bark Owl. (Credit: Fireflies + Mud Pies)
TO MAKE THIS CRAFT YOU WILL NEED
- pumpkin seeds
- tacky craft glue or hot glue
1. Collect bark, acorns, twigs, and seeds on a nature hunt with the kids. Be sure to collect all items from the forest floor.
2. Gently chip and break the bark into the shape of an owl.
3. Invite kids to glue 2 acorn caps to the bark to create eyes for their owl.
4. Next, glue a seed under the eyes to make a beak for the owl.
5. Glue the owl to a leafy branch and display!